Cornerstone · Bloomington, Minnesota or Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Cornerstone Private Asset Trust Company, LLC, is a boutique trust company that helps businesses and individuals implement estate planning goals and transition wealth from one generation to the next. We provide services above and beyond those of a traditional trust company by focusing on the individual nature of each client and their long-term goals. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD and Bloomington, MN, Cornerstone provides unique tax advantages to its clients as well as a wide variety of specialized trust services, including trusts under wills as well as dynasty, charitable, revocable living wills.
In the retirement plan area, Cornerstone develops plans to meet the needs of the employees, the company, and the owners. We specialize in working with business owners who excel at running their businesses, but do not want to be experts in retirement planning. Cornerstone works as a retirement planning partner keeping business owners informed on the status of their plans as well as their fiduciary responsibility as the Plan Sponsor of the company’s retirement program.
We seek an Investment Associate interested in growing his or her career with an established, yet nimble, Trust Company. The person would report to the President and be supported by our outsourced Chief Investment Officer (CIO) team. This role would be responsible for the implementation of strategies (Asset Allocation, Trading) at the client level from the broad directive of the CIO team. This role would be supporting trust officers in providing liquidity to client accounts and investing excess cash in client accounts. This role could be either in our Bloomington, MN or Sioux Falls, SD office. To be successful in this position, this person will have and maintain knowledge of a wide range of investment and financial products, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds and life insurance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Trading all managed client accounts
- Analysis on individual bonds
- Research on stocks gifted into Trust accounts
- Participate in the Investment Committee meetings
- Assessing the health of insurance policies owned in Trusts
- Trade Mutual Funds, ETF, and Individual Bonds
- Build out a new portfolio modeling system
- Client Management
- Onboard new clients
- Perform annual portfolio reviews on all accounts
- Review investment performance reports
- Manage client cash needs
- Prepare and maintain Investment Policy Statements on all accounts
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 4-year degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-8 years of hands-on experience in portfolio management, asset allocation, and equity and fixed investments
- Drive to build and service clientele
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve
- Strong written and communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs or experience using programs such as Worldox, Advisor Engine, Infovisa, Addepar, Ycharts, Fi360
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability for travel as needed (there will be some light travel involved)
Who Should Apply:
- If you like the small firm environment, you should apply.
- If your work experience is in the 2-8 years range, you should apply.
- If you are looking for an opportunity that will challenge you and allow you to grow, you should apply.
- If working in a fast-paced but friendly and collegial atmosphere is appealing to you, you should apply.
- If you are driven, detail oriented, and have the ideas and enthusiasm to improve the investment process, you should apply.
- If solving problems and building processes are a passion of yours, you should apply.
- If you would prefer to work directly with decision makes instead of middle managers and bureaucracy, you should apply.
- If you want to have a direct impact on the client experience, you should apply.
- If investment management is your long-term career plan, you should apply.
Who Should Not Apply:
- If you are looking for a very structured environment with a very structured daily routine, Cornerstone will not be a good fit for you.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, to include health, dental, life, short term disability, PTO, paid holidays, paid family leave and 401k retirement savings program.